Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you reading?

Go down 
+13
Adira
Krystal
Darth Twinkie
Anna
Jami_Sue
Anomaly
Nikolai
Refined
Meisje
chandor
Scott Becker
Justin
Sara
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sara

Sara

What are you reading? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:23 am

I'm reading my employee handbook for work. It's only like 10 pages long...but I decided I should probably read it just in case theres something in there that isn't common sense (so far, I've not found it, if there is.)
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:19 am

I just recently finished *whispers* Immanuel's Veins.

Now I'm reading, "Love is an Orientation" by Andrew Marin, and "Crazy Love", by Francis Chan.

"Love is an Orientation" is a book about how the church can relate to the gay community. The author is advocating a new approach different form the typical and distant "love the sinner, hate the sin" method and the overly-tolerant method. While I don't agree with this author completely, his years of experience ministering to the gay community leaves the book full of practical wisdom.
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:23 am

Okay sir, you're the second person whose said that to me this week..... Mad
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:26 am

Andrew...since you weren't online when I tried to yell at you in Natter. Here:

"ANDREW!!!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Adira, Who was the first?

I figured TD.com is still off-limits for talking about having received ARC's, so this was the only place I could mention it.

And, I have no intention of bragging/spoiling the story.

Finished "Love is an Orientation" this morning. It ended well. Not with 100% definitive answers, but in such a way that it encourages me to act without having all the answers. Very well done.
Back to top Go down
Deepcallsdeep

Deepcallsdeep

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:34 am

Just finished Koontz' Relentless and am now reading Velocity.

Deep
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:42 am

Deep, what'd you think of Relentless. It's one that I've had my eye on for a while, but I haven't heard from anyone who's read it yet.
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:46 am

chandor wrote:
I just recently finished *whispers* Immanuel's Veins.

On a scale of 1-10, how is it?
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:17 am

Chandor: the person didn't release the information for me to share. At least not to my knowledge, so I'm keeping it to myself. Don't know if they've finished it yet or not, but they were really enjoying it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:03 pm

I got two books I'm going to read when I'm in Texas staying with my brother.

1. Neuromancer - William Gibson
2. Monster - A. Lee Martinez

I haven't read a book since I was there last year, and that was my old copy of showdown I had left there years before. So I'm sort of excited to have dead time and use it for reading. :F
Back to top Go down
Deepcallsdeep

Deepcallsdeep

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:55 pm

Chandor.....Relentless was awesome. I couldn't put it down. I found myself reading it while walking around the house straightening up and trying to cook. I had it bad. It scared the doo-doo out of me though. Really good read. I recommend it. Smile

Deep
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:18 am

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell - Susanna Clarke

Great so far.
Back to top Go down
MarshmallowGherkin

MarshmallowGherkin

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:29 am

"The Silver Hand" by Stephan Lawhead

So far it's every bit as enjoyable as the first book.
Though it is missing the rants about society that I so enjoyed in the first book...
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:50 am

I just received Demon: A Memoir by Tosca Lee and I'm starting it in the next couple minutes.
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:19 am

I'm halfway through "Isolation" by Travis Thrasher. It was one of the books we got for free at the 2009 Gathering, and I'm finally getting around to reading it.

After I finish that one, I'll probably start "Demon" by Tosca Lee.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Well I listened to the audiobook of Relentless by Dean Koontz for most of my travels yesterday. It is very good and restored my faith in Koontz. His last few seemed kinda weak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you reading?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Media :: Books-
Jump to: