Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prayer Requests & Praise Items

Go down 
+15
siren
Anomaly
Krystal
Winceline
Scott Becker
Justin
Adira
Invisible
Meisje
living sacrifice
Banana
chandor
Sara
addict
Nikolai
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:12 am

I am praying and praising God for you Adira!
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:41 am

addict wrote:
Dear Adira, I know you will be a wonderful mother. It simply has grown in you, as I have been around you. I believe God will bless you greatly. I'm praying that through struggle and strife, your love for Him and caring for other people will never die.

Love,
addict :]

That was really sweet, but I'd appreciate it more if I knew who you were. Granted the ambien, darvoset, just waking up, and slight nerves probably aren't helping my guessing/remembering skills
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:42 am

Well...I need serious prayer right now for humility, humility, humility, humility.

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:29 am

pray for less pain. I'm doing extremely well on all fronts...pain tolerance, not much bleeding, etc. Pixie dust is doin great, but has to stay in the NICU nursery. I have only seen her once and that was right after she was born. Reason for me not seeing her is due to having to be wheeeled down there in a wheel chair. Its just been too much but I REALLY hope i get to see her in the AM. Im tired of bein told how pretty she is w/out seein myself.
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:35 am

Glad to hear you're doing well. Very Happy

You're still in my prayers. Smile
Back to top Go down
addict

addict

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:45 am

'dira: praying for you :]

I've recently been loosing weight...and that's not good. Well, okay, to me, I like it. To my doctor and parents (if they notice/find out), it's not going to be great. I'm pretty much hoping that y weight will settle... If I get to 115, I might be a little freaked out. My doctor wil kill me. o.o ...Also, the nausea isnt much of a helper--I usually am not hungry, can't stomach food, or can only stomach very little. My parents say I'm tiny...but if I get any smaller... I just really hope things will work out, and prayer is appreciated.

addict.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:24 am

Adira - how are her lungs? I understand that's usually the main concern with premie babies. I saw the pictures you posted on Facebook and she really does look beautiful! Did you ever watch that TLC show, 19 ids and Counting? They just had a super-premature baby, and she looked like an alien because I guess her skin wasn't done or something like that. Baby pixie dust looks absolutely perfect. I'm so glad and relieved to hear she's doing well. Take care of yourself - even after you're "recovered," it's going to be a while before your stomach muscles will function like they used to. That must be tough.

Addict - did you used to have another username? Why are you experiencing nausea?
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:36 am

Yes and no. She is on oxygen, but they're slowly weaning her off. I watched them lower it tonight and she didn't even flinch.

Also, its an eating issue. One of the last things babies and their bodies learn to do in the womb is the suckling instinct, and the body decides to send the proper supply of oxygen to the stomach. She was on a sugar water IV until today, but they fed her some breast milk through a tube into her tummy today. Each time she's digested it without complication as far as they can tell! She has taken to the pacifier REALLY well, which if she keeps that up means that she'll take to being naturally fed quickly. I can't wait!

She's very strong already, and hates it when she isn't tightly secured. Its like she knows she isn't suppose to be here quite yet. The nurses say they wish I could be down there constantly when they need to poke and prod her, because she does so well with me around. Her oxygen stays way up, she stays calm, and doesn't flinch and flail. I was always a bit skeptical about babies recognizing voices and such from the womb to birth, but even before I was able to hold her, she did so much better with Matt and I than with anyone else.

I will probably be going down there to hold her again tonight.

I haven't watched that show. Don't have cable because neither Matt nor I really like TV that much. Its only so so and not worth the money.

As for recovering... I've made the trek to the nursery twice today, and plan on doing it again in an hour or so. But I can't stand up straight yet, I walk really slow, and laughing is probably the most painful thing i can do sitting down. I won't get my staples out until Fridayish? That all depends on doctors and such, but apparently I'm healing quite nicely. Thats what everyone tells me, I've never had major surgery before so I have no clue. Laughing

I appreciate the prayers so much. That first 24 hours was really tough for me. The separation from her was almost unbearable, but I'm doing so much better now that I can hold her and see her!
Back to top Go down
addict

addict

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:22 am

'dira: That's wonderful! If I could, I would give you a huge hug (gently!).

zoe: i was Moon. The nausea is from what I think might be gastritis... ><
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Thank you dear Savior for caring for our daughter. She is improving and developing so well! Oxygen content was lowered to the low 30s this morning, and she was upped on the amount of milk she is receiving. Keep her safe and comfort her when we aren't there.

And thank you for giving me strength today. I know i cant imagine the pain of turning your back on your son, but leaving her today had to be the closest experience in knowing I'll ever come close to.

Everyone keep Nate (Spy Hunter) and his family in your prayers. Their little boy, Asher, was born via C-Section today. Yep! Another Circle Baby in less than a week! They induced early this morning, but ended up going the surgery route. He seems to be doing well, and looks just like his daddy, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:59 pm

He totally does. It's a little freaky! I don't normally think babies look like their parents.

Adira, I am so amazed at how well your baby is doing. Whenever anyone I know has had a baby early, there have been so many complications after the birth beyond what was expected, so to hear that your daughter is improving so steadily is just miraculous to me. Thank you Jesus! And then that you're recovering so quickly on top of that is even more awesome. I am so, so happy for you.
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:39 am

Adira, I've been praying for you, Gatt, and Chloe as often as I remember this past week.

Glad to hear so many good updates. Very Happy

I found a couple of job leads online today. I'll be e-mailing my resume in the morning.

Also, my friends and I are looking to start up some new ministries through our small group. We've really been challenged recently by "Crazy Love" to follow Christ in a more committed way. Our entire church could be considered quite "comfortable" and lukewarm, so we're hoping that some of the things we start will catch on and spread throughout our 100 year old congregation.
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:47 am

Zoe: Baby pixie dust looks absolutely perfect.

I was thinking the same exact thing. She doesn't look like she's pre-mature at all, and in fact she looks a lot better than some full-term babies. Very cute with hair and all!
Back to top Go down
Meisje

Meisje

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:02 am

Pray that I can get some direction.

Even with the decision of my staying in my dad's household, things will only be tough from here. Tough, but definitely better and much safer.

And, Congrats Adira. that is some very splendid news indeed. Smile
Back to top Go down
addict

addict

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:01 pm

I show up at the airport this saturday at 3 am, to go to Mexico. Mission trip. I am very much excited to be back where I grew up. There will be a large number of people going...and this complicates things completely. If you could pray that I moderate the addiction, as it will be worsened down there, I would appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Continue to keep Chloe in your prayers. She lost some weight, but it was a tough day. She's COMPLETELY off of oxygen as of over 24 hrs! We just need to get that weight over 4lbs so she can come home.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:32 pm

You got it Adira!
Back to top Go down
siren

siren

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:16 pm

I'll keep her in my prayers. Glad to hear she's off oxygen, though. You've got a little fighter. (:
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Update on Chloe:

They put her back on the feeding tube, and she is taking a bottle only once a shift. This due to her losing weight again last night. We made the decision to limit holding to just Matt and I, and even that is limited. We just can't stand for her to lose anymore weight. It isn't good for her for one, and just adds to the time that she has to stay there. Please keep praying that she doesn't backtrack. I'm so ready to have her home. Its so emotionally draining...having to leave her there every night.
Back to top Go down
Meisje

Meisje

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:08 am

I haven't felt myself in quite some time.
It makes me wonder who I've become, and who I will continue to be.

The sinful creature hiding behind a mask of control... or a sinful creature, letting go of that which haunts it.

Either way, strength is what I truly need...

James 4:7~ "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

O God, please help...
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:41 am

I just realized that the church is gonna make me go up to college group, and then a month later, truly all of my friends save one will be leaving town. Its kind of really depressing. Also my dad is telling me to "seriously consider" this school that I kind of was thinking about, but that really isn't very ideal or exciting for me and besides that is far away from anyone I know.

Which pretty much means that nearly everything I was really looking forward to in the United States has either completely backfired or just won't happen and I'm having a tough time accepting that a lot of my dreams and goals will just have to be put on hold for a year.

But then I think about my family and realize that my mom and dad have had dreams for years and years, since before I was born, that are still being put on hold. Originally they were planning to go to Romania for a long time and every door was closed for years and years, and then we planned to go to Thailand like six years ago, and as soon as they were finally ready to start it up, this accident happened and now it will probably never be exactly how they hoped. I even remember thinking just before the accident how happy I was that they were finally getting to do what they've always dreamed of. Everything finally seemed to be going so incredibly perfect, even better than we had expected, for all of us and then it came crashing down, and it will never be what it might have been.

I guess its hard to see everyone else going about their lives with few obstacles in the way of what they've wanted and planned, and then everything falls through for us. I just want to go on with my life, and to see my family go on with their's so, so, so badly. My dad is totally and completely exhausted and has been since this started. His entire life is wrapped around therapy, taking my mom to the bathroom all day and all night, getting her water, getting her a blanket, getting her showered, getting her dressed and I feel this constant and awful tension between hanging out with friends and doing the things I love to do, and giving him enough rest just to function, let alone to really LIVE.

Add to that we've had some communication problems between us lately and I've felt kind of resentful of things i shouldn't have and we just have a hard time.

So my family and I really need prayer. I just want God to get us out of here, and make her better so we don't have to take care of the person who always took care of us anymore. I want to have my mom back, and my dad back, and I don't want them to feel terrible that they can't be mom and dad.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:40 am

I guess its hard to see everyone else going about their lives with few obstacles in the way of what they've wanted and planned, and then everything falls through for us.

This is the exact feeling I've been dealing with lately, although for completely different reasons. But still, even though I can't know everything you're feeling right now, I can identify with this. I'm sorry for you and your family's sake that things have been so difficult.

I just bought this book called Adventures in Prayer by Catherine Marshall. It's an old book, and it has a bunch of prayers written in it. My mom prayed them during one of the times my dad left her, and I prayed them when Justin and I were figuring out whether to postpone our wedding. I think I will post them in a separate thread.
Back to top Go down
siren

siren

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:10 pm

The phrase Zoe quoted really stuck out to me too. I feel the same way right now. I'm praying for you, sweet LS. I hope that God will take your burden and give you rest.
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Thank you siren and Zoe. I really do need to be more in prayer myself and in the Word, which is something I keep saying, but seem to have the hardest time following through on.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly

Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:13 am

I'm just tired of this feeling, the weariness that has become more or less a daily struggle. I'm trying to give it to God, but i've never had anything this overwhelming and encompassing. I've been told a hundred times that moments like these are lessons to be learned, and i'm sure they truly are, but that really just doesn't help right now. I just need God. And prayer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Requests & Praise Items   Prayer Requests & Praise Items - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prayer Requests & Praise Items
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Discussion :: Religion/Philosophy-
Jump to: