Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What made you smile today?

Go down 
+31
tfrankie6789
BillBuchanan
siren
Liquid
Leanna
Megz
Hunter
Adira
Riley
Meisje
Refined
living sacrifice
Winceline
WhiteRook
Darth Twinkie
Tyjaham
Krystal
Kara
Banana
Anna
Nicky
Invisible
Anomaly
Jami_Sue
Scott Becker
addict
chandor
Zoe
Nikolai
Justin
Sara
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
chandor
chandor

What made you smile today? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:06 am

I shadowed a social worker in the ER, and had a difficult time smiling in the face of some really difficult situations that people found themselves in, but when I got home to spend the evening with my family, I couldn't help but smile when my Grandma announced that she'd planned to fall just so she could come hang out with me at the ER today.

Oh, Granny!
Back to top Go down
Banana

Banana

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Fighting some virtual spiders while blasting the Shelob song from LOTR soundtrack. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kara

Kara

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 6:35 pm

Getting a phone call from a special friend. Smile and... I'm booking a flight to Jackson, MS for this summer later today.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:03 am

Seeing "Anna, Banana" on the online list. Both 'cuz they're great friends, and 'cuz it rhymes 'n..stuff.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:04 am

Kara wrote:
Getting a phone call from a special friend. Smile and... I'm booking a flight to Jackson, MS for this summer later today.

Jackson eh? I was just at school there.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:06 am

A mexican guy saying he wants to be in Border Patrol someday. I smile at ironies.
Back to top Go down
Krystal

Krystal

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:36 am

Changing the strings on my dad's beautiful guitar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:41 am

what i hid inside somebody's wall... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:49 am

I lied, I smiled about something else a whole lot better than that today, well, it was closer to last night, but it was right around the cusp of 12am.

I've been worried alot about this new job I'm getting, which I started today. It's 12 hours, and a night job, and I had heard there was alot of hours. I am preparing to kinda have no life. But it's looking like the schedule may be a bit lighter. Not sure if they ask or tell you to do overtime though.

Anyways, I was tossing and turning last night, fighting depression and self pity. Unable to sleep, and I kept on imagining these horrible scenarios, my arm getting caught in a grinder, me putting my arm in a grinder (don't ask, I have weird thoughts sometimes, especially at night), falling off a cliff. Etc. And since I was somewhere between dream and reality the visions were incredibly vivid. Wasn't making sleep easier, and I needed to get up at 5.

I drifted into this other vision though, I was standing in a hospital, Zoe was having our first baby, I was exclaiming "my daughter, my son" I was either passing through two different similar times, or Zoe was having twins. "I'm a daddy." I said...I saw us lying in a room with the moonlight shining through the curtains, Zoe whispering to me that she loved me as we drifted off to sleep. I saw my daughter, this beautiful little girl with fire red hair chasing fireflies at dusk, as a whipoorwhill sang and I was sitting on this porch. We lived in the country, and it felt like...well, it felt like I had finally found a place I called home. Lastly I saw Zoe talking to my son, who was mad at me for some reason, telling him "Your daddy fought for all this, he bled and gave everything for this, you should be thankful."

And in a weird waking but sleeping way I knew God had given me those visions to let me know what I was fighting for. A vision. And I smiled, and I knew that everything would turn out all right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:05 am

Wow Justin. I really enjoyed reading that.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:23 am

Smile

things like that often happen to me.
Back to top Go down
Anna

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:15 am

Nikolai wrote:
Seeing "Anna, Banana" on the online list. Both 'cuz they're great friends, and 'cuz it rhymes 'n..stuff.

XD!!!

Listening to the Summer Song by Wavorly today made me smile. Call it the cuteness. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:37 am

Having a REALLY sunny day today. I was standing near the big windows at the front of the store, and the sun was beating down into the store.

Plus, it wasn't dark when I left work at 8. I love DST.
Back to top Go down
Jami_Sue

Jami_Sue

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:17 am

It had been raining all day, and on the way home the sun popped out from behind the clouds and lit up a field. All the little water drops suddenly looked like diamonds and you could see the new grass coming up. AND to make it all better the neighborhood bald eagle decided to take a swoop through the field at that exact moment. Epic.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:15 am

Small Group tonight, it was just really good.

And the Samoas came! thanks to Zoe.
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:21 am

The after-study talks with Child, Refined and Lightbreaker. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:50 am

Justin, I love you so much. That post made me smile but it also made me cry (happy tears). I have a feeling both those visions will come true one day, or at least something like them. Whatever happens, we are going to have a great life together.
Back to top Go down
Banana

Banana

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:38 am

Nikolai wrote:
XD Very Happy

Seeing a guy in a backhoe near a construction zone driving backwards up a busy street with an evil grin on his face. "I can drive the wrong way and you can't do a thing about it"
Back to top Go down
addict

addict

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:20 pm

riding home with my brother today. . . always get good laughs! XD ^^
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

Scott Becker

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:27 pm

That picture of Chuck Norris that Justin put up in the babble-on thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:28 am

In German class my team won at Jeopardy, which never happens. This also means I won a button that says "Life's a Party" in German. I'm going to pin it to my messenger bag.
Back to top Go down
Darth Twinkie

Darth Twinkie

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:30 am

Tyjaham wrote:
I'm going to pin it to my messenger bag.
You spelled "man purse" wrong.
Back to top Go down
Jami_Sue

Jami_Sue

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:42 am

Being the boss-for-a-day at work...
Back to top Go down
WhiteRook

WhiteRook

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:39 am

Seeing my girlfriend on webcam and hearing her talk made me smile. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:12 am

Fun, ain't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What made you smile today?   What made you smile today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What made you smile today?
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: