Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hayao Miyazaki

Go down 
+3
Scott Becker
Justin
Zoe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoe

Zoe

Hayao Miyazaki Empty
PostSubject: Hayao Miyazaki   Hayao Miyazaki Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:42 am

How many people love Miyazaki's movies, and what is your favorite? These are the ones I have seen (approximately in this order):

Kiki's Delivery Service
NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Castle in the Sky
Ponyo
Whisper of the Heart

I would have to watch them all again to decide which is my favorite. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

Hayao Miyazaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hayao Miyazaki   Hayao Miyazaki Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:34 am

oh man, it's really hard to pick one. I love each one for different reasons.
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

Scott Becker

Hayao Miyazaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hayao Miyazaki   Hayao Miyazaki Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:25 am

Interesting topic. I actually caught the Americanized version of Spirited Away recently. Strange, but cool.
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

Hayao Miyazaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hayao Miyazaki   Hayao Miyazaki Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:29 pm

I haven't seen any of his movies. Which one would you recommend as a good starting point?
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

Hayao Miyazaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hayao Miyazaki   Hayao Miyazaki Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:05 pm

The one that most people have seen is Princess Mononoke. I would say that's a pretty good introduction. If you don't like it, you probably won't like the others.
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

Hayao Miyazaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hayao Miyazaki   Hayao Miyazaki Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:28 pm

That's not one that I've even heard of but I'll have to look it up next time I'm at Blockbuster.
Back to top Go down
Willow_Rain

Willow_Rain

Hayao Miyazaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hayao Miyazaki   Hayao Miyazaki Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:58 am

I'd have to say Howl's moving Castle has been my favorite so far. I reallt want to see Ponyo. My least favorite was Castle In The Sky.

Chan: All of them are good. But Kiki's delivery service seemed more like a kid movie than the others (Probably because it came on Disney often) and Castle In The Sky is very slow. My first Miyazaki movie was Howl's moving Castle, so I'm kinda partial to that. Also it seem like all the blockbusters I've stopped by have limited amounts of anime, particularly movies. So you might not find Princess Mononoke (sp?) there, but they've usually had at least one of his films. rabbit
Back to top Go down
BillBuchanan

BillBuchanan

Hayao Miyazaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hayao Miyazaki   Hayao Miyazaki Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:57 am

Ooooh I liked Castle in the Sky the best.

alien
Back to top Go down

Hayao Miyazaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hayao Miyazaki   Hayao Miyazaki Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:35 am

I've seen two of those listed; liked Howl's Moving Castle.
And speaking of anime, Hiroyuki Morita's 'The Cat Returns' is a good movie too.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

Hayao Miyazaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hayao Miyazaki   Hayao Miyazaki Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Have you seen the movie it's a "sequel" of? Whispers of the Heart, such a great movie.
Back to top Go down
Perennial_Fey

Perennial_Fey

Hayao Miyazaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hayao Miyazaki   Hayao Miyazaki Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:37 am

My Neighbor Totoro was my favorite of his when I was a small child. It's still one of my favorites, but I think Spirited Away has that all-time title. Best. Movie. Ever.

It was my second film, and I loved it more and more every time I watched it. Such a great story. I know a lot of people who started with that one and have loved everything he's done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hayao Miyazaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hayao Miyazaki   Hayao Miyazaki Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hayao Miyazaki
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Media :: TV and Movies-
Jump to: