Welcome.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 there is no god and if there is he hates you

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:14 am

the topic says all. im not going to back it up with logic because you cant use logic to prove the nonexistence of something imaginary. plus ive never been the logical type.

i think some part of everyone wants this to be true.
Back to top Go down
Invisible

avatar

Posts : 104
Karma : 2
Join date : 2010-03-13
Location : The Desert

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:18 am

I tend to disagree. However, if you had asked me about twelve years ago, I would have agreed with you.

There are more than a few things that made me change my mind. Maybe we can compare notes.
Back to top Go down
Krystal

avatar

Posts : 47
Karma : 6
Join date : 2010-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Columbus, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:45 pm

god wrote:
the topic says all. im not going to back it up with logic because you cant use logic to prove the nonexistence of something imaginary. plus ive never been the logical type.

i think some part of everyone wants this to be true.

So... basically there's no topic here just a statement. What do you want us to talk about?
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

avatar

Posts : 113
Karma : 2
Join date : 2010-03-13
Location : MO

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Thanks, Scarecrow. I needed a good laugh. Laughing

At least you were honest enough to admit the illogical stance you hold. And the fallacious nature of atheism to boot.

All followers of the Way, rejoice! Rejoice! He's no longer in His grave. Jesus is risen from the dead!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

avatar

Posts : 113
Karma : 2
Join date : 2010-03-13
Location : MO

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks for the negative karma points too. I'm not ruled by karma, silly goose. I'm ruled by grace. Nothing you can do about that. Wink
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:37 pm

i didn't do any karma points...
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
avatar

Posts : 438
Karma : 10
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 36
Location : WA

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:36 pm

no god, then how did he post this thread?

_________________


"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd. " Jules from Pulp Fiction
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

avatar

Posts : 185
Karma : 13
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 96

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:48 am

ba dum ch!
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

avatar

Posts : 185
Karma : 13
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 96

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 am

Ahem. To actually respond to the thread, I agree that everyone wants to believe it. Its a lot easier either not to believe in God, be angry at God, or feel as though you are somehow better than God than to actually face Him for who He is and know the Truth. Just like everyone has probably wanted to believe that its everyone else's fault for the problems in their lives, so that they don't actually have to face the problems themselves and try to fix them. For one more analogy, its a lot easier for me to believe that someone sabotaged my cookies than to believe that I'm not good at baking, which would mean that in order to be better I'd have to work at it. Of course I want to believe its all on someone else! That way I'm absolved of all responsibility for bad cookies.

edit: I also believe that logic doesn't always prove it. Reason is just as fallible as basing everything off of one's emotions. But that doesn't mean that the Truth won't make logical or emotional sense, and whether we like it or not, logic and emotions are what we use to describe the things we see.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:24 am

god is nothing more than a global explanation for ones certain emotions.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
avatar

Posts : 438
Karma : 10
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 36
Location : WA

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:43 am

stop talking bad about yourself.

_________________


"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd. " Jules from Pulp Fiction
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

avatar

Posts : 113
Karma : 2
Join date : 2010-03-13
Location : MO

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:34 am

Another reason I don't listen to little false gods...I listen to the real One. cheers
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

avatar

Posts : 185
Karma : 13
Join date : 2010-03-16
Age : 96

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Be careful with saying that Scott. Every human being on this planet listens to little false gods on a regular basis, and the undeserved grace of the God of Heaven doesn't make you superior to anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

avatar

Posts : 113
Karma : 2
Join date : 2010-03-13
Location : MO

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:48 am

Any more strawmen you'd like to peddle, LS? Never said I was superior to anyone else here, so where you came up with that false logic, I'll never know. Furthermore, I don't listen to false gods. Prove your statement "everybody listens to false gods," instead of indulging in in-between-the-lines ad hominems. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 594
Karma : 20
Join date : 2010-03-13
Age : 28
Location : IL

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:50 am

Prove that it's actually God's voice you're listening to. Satan is adept at disguising his.

_________________
If this post offends you, take it with a grain of salt and a shot of sarcasm. If you're still offended after that, grow the hell up.
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

avatar

Posts : 113
Karma : 2
Join date : 2010-03-13
Location : MO

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:09 am

Burden of proof is on my accuser. He shot his mouth off. He can man up.

I trust in Jesus, unlike the OP. I believe His word, unlike the OP. Looks like that's inspired by the Holy Spirit, "the Author of truth" (Jesus's words).

Looks like I've backed up my claims. Now you guys back up yours, or cease and desist with the accusatory prattle.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 594
Karma : 20
Join date : 2010-03-13
Age : 28
Location : IL

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:14 am

Scott Becker wrote:
Burden of proof is on my accuser. He shot his mouth off. He can man up.

I trust in Jesus, unlike the OP. I believe His word, unlike the OP. Looks like that's inspired by the Holy Spirit, "the Author of truth" (Jesus's words).

Looks like I've backed up my claims. Now you guys back up yours, or cease and desist with the accusatory prattle.

You've backed up nothing. And what is "the OP"? What makes you completely above any reproach? What makes your religion better than mine, or the next guy's? How do you know that "false gods" aren't cleverly interwoven with what you believe to be truth?

_________________
If this post offends you, take it with a grain of salt and a shot of sarcasm. If you're still offended after that, grow the hell up.
Back to top Go down
Banana

avatar

Posts : 213
Karma : 11
Join date : 2010-03-14
Location : Right behind you.

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:15 am

If you automatically BELIEVE every 'voice of God' that waltzes into your head....

"do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God"

You use the Word to back it up.
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

avatar

Posts : 113
Karma : 2
Join date : 2010-03-13
Location : MO

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:18 am

Because this real God has proven Himself daily to me, especially in the last 23 years, when I returned to faith in Him. I'm not the one sojourning onto a website where many followers of the Way hang out, in order to start an embittered, petulant, arrogant, anti-theistic tirade against His followers. Yet you're questioning ME? A strange set of priorities you possess, Comrade Nikolai.

If you are actually honest in your inquiry, I question your own tenuous grasp on sanity and reality.
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

avatar

Posts : 113
Karma : 2
Join date : 2010-03-13
Location : MO

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:19 am

Banana wrote:
If you automatically BELIEVE every 'voice of God' that waltzes into your head....

"do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God"

You use the Word to back it up.

I never said I did believe every word. Nice straw-man. Do any of my critics NOT indulge in fallacies when debating me? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 594
Karma : 20
Join date : 2010-03-13
Age : 28
Location : IL

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:22 am

Scott Becker wrote:
Because this real God has proven Himself daily to me, especially in the last 23 years, when I returned to faith in Him. I'm not the one sojourning onto a website where many followers of the Way hang out, in order to start an embittered, petulant, arrogant, anti-theistic tirade against His followers. Yet you're questioning ME? A strange set of priorities you possess, Comrade Nikolai.

If you are actually honest in your inquiry, I question your own tenuous grasp on sanity and reality.

Rich words, coming from one who believes the New Testament to be originally written in Greek. Pray tell, what makes me so embittered, petulant, arrogant, and anti-theistic? Show my the error of my ways, oh great Brian! Enlighten me to your superior wisdom!


I question you because you're just another blind fool who won't question himself. I question you to make you think, and I question you to see if you can actually defend yourself. I've yet to see if you can.

_________________
If this post offends you, take it with a grain of salt and a shot of sarcasm. If you're still offended after that, grow the hell up.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
avatar

Posts : 438
Karma : 10
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 36
Location : WA

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:30 am

Pointing out supposed fallacies and why you think arguments are stupid does not make your argument somehow superior.

LS made a good point, in that many times what we think is God, is simply our own voice.

Yes, Scarecrow did post an inflammatory statement, but as Admin I was hoping people would not jump to judge, but be able to take the statement itself, receive no offense from it, and have a logical, reasoned debate. I was, am, curious as to Scare's continued thoughts on the matter. And though many followers of The Way hang out here, this is not an exclusive club. Nor do I really wish this to be known as a Christian forum, this is a forum where all are welcome, including my Satanist friend. He is allowed to say anything he wishes, granted they stay within the rules, and there is no rule against speaking out against a religion you disagree with, as long as you keep it civil. His statements were his own belief, and not said to offend anyone here. It was a challenge. Seems to me if we are truly following the Way, we would not be rising to take offense, or to make the supposed offender look stupid for having his beliefs, but to "be prepared to speak for what we believe" paraphrasing the Bible.

Now, what you've experienced of God, it's not enough proof, and Nik asked a good question, what makes your (my) religion any better than Scarecrow's?

Let's put the "fallacies" and the "strawmen" aside, and simply answer the question. But let's try to answer the question with a little more than what has been said.

Lastly, for everyone else, I realize that the karma points are a way to express your disagreement, or even a nice hidden way to say "I don't really like this guy", but I'm not really happy that no one else but Scott has negative points. That's not really the point of them. So...whoever keeps negating him, stop. You made your point.

Scott has as much right as anyone here to state what they believe, and why, so I'm gonna ask for you all to give him the same respect I'm asking him to give you.

Thanks.

-Admin

_________________


"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd. " Jules from Pulp Fiction
Back to top Go down
Banana

avatar

Posts : 213
Karma : 11
Join date : 2010-03-14
Location : Right behind you.

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:34 am

Scott Becker wrote:
Banana wrote:
If you automatically BELIEVE every 'voice of God' that waltzes into your head....

"do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God"

You use the Word to back it up.

I never said I did believe every word. Nice straw-man. Do any of my critics NOT indulge in fallacies when debating me? Rolling Eyes

Fallacy? I was backing up LS's point. I did not say that you did believe every word, I was only adding a comment to a friend's point. If you have a problem with my statement, you should challenge my statement instead of me.

Cool down a bit here. As adults we should be able to coolly debate our beliefs without getting our panties in a wad.

Justin: totally agreed. I now have homework to do, so I will come back in the morning if I have any more thoughts. This was one of the things we discussed at our youth conference this week so I hope some civil discussion will be forthcoming.
Back to top Go down
Invisible

avatar

Posts : 104
Karma : 2
Join date : 2010-03-13
Location : The Desert

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:02 am

Brian, if I was a Satanist right now, (and there was a time I nearly became one), I would have now walked away, convinced full well that God is dead and Christians are liars. Because you are acting just like people who refuse to believe.

Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
avatar

Posts : 438
Karma : 10
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 36
Location : WA

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:09 am

Brian has left the forum. No need to continue arguing against him.

_________________


"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd. " Jules from Pulp Fiction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   

Back to top Go down
 
there is no god and if there is he hates you
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Discussion :: Religion/Philosophy-
Jump to: