Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steven James, "The Patrick Bowers Files"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shade

Shade

Steven James, "The Patrick Bowers Files" Empty
PostSubject: Steven James, "The Patrick Bowers Files"   Steven James, "The Patrick Bowers Files" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:43 am

I'm 300 pages into The Rook, and I have The Knight on hold.

From the website:

The world needs a better kind of detective.
And he has arrived.

Special Agent Patrick Bowers doesn’t search for motive, hates profiling and avoids looking for DNA. Instead, using cutting-edge 21st-century geospatial investigative techniques and impeccable logic, he tracks the most grisly killers in the country.

And, oh yeah, with triple-twist endings that will take your breath away, we dare you to guess who the killer is.

Gripping, adrenaline-laced suspense for readers who are tired of timid thrillers. The game begins now.

http://www.patrickbowers.com/
Back to top Go down
Shade

Shade

Steven James, "The Patrick Bowers Files" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steven James, "The Patrick Bowers Files"   Steven James, "The Patrick Bowers Files" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:02 am

The Knight was a bit of a letdown. It's hard to say that and still convince people that it was a well written and extremely exciting book. Just a couple problems.

**Spoilers**

This book felt like the beginning of a different series. Steven James is probably going to bring everything up in The Bishop, but it felt like he skipped a book. An important character from The Rook basically was only in for a phone call, and then she was gone. The main villian of the last two books was killed off at the beginning. I was expecting him to be the mastermind of the whole series.
The mystery killer was only a slight letdown. I should have seen who it was from a mile away, but that's the thing with first person books. You follow their thinking instead of forming your own theories and though it isn't a shock who the villian is, it does make you say, "I should have seen this coming."
One last thing that bugged me. It wasn't a major thing, but this book took the violence from the last two books to an entirely different level. It was grisly and at times horrifying. Not a big deal, but it didn't sit right with me.

**Spoilers end**

Anyway, The Knight was a good book. I give it a 4.5/5. It just didn't live up to The Pawn and The Rook.
Back to top Go down

Steven James, "The Patrick Bowers Files"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Media :: Books-
Jump to: