Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tim Downs' Bug Man Series

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chandor
chandor

Tim Downs' Bug Man Series Empty
PostSubject: Tim Downs' Bug Man Series   Tim Downs' Bug Man Series Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:13 pm

I finally got around to reading my first "Bug Man" book this week and loved it. The main character is a forensic entomologist who is quite irreverent and outside of social norms. Basically he solves murders by studying the bugs on and near the decomposing body.

Warning: It's not the best book to read while eating lunch. Smile
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

Scott Becker

PostSubject: Re: Tim Downs' Bug Man Series   Tim Downs' Bug Man Series Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:10 pm

Downs is a genius in this genre. Yet he doesn't make you feel like a total ignoramus. He does an excellent job of explaining entymology. Plus Dr. Nick Polchak is the man. Cool
Back to top Go down
MarshmallowGherkin

MarshmallowGherkin

PostSubject: Re: Tim Downs' Bug Man Series   Tim Downs' Bug Man Series Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:19 am

This series is definitely one of my favorites.
I've read the first three books, and just recently found out that there is a fourth book (which I eagerly await reading).

Wonderfully created characters, gritty descriptions, interesting plots... They have it all.

The same can be said for the other book I've read by Tim Downs (Plague Maker).

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

PostSubject: Re: Tim Downs' Bug Man Series   Tim Downs' Bug Man Series Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:50 am

There's actually 5.

Shoo Fly Pie
Chop Shop
First the Dead
Less than Dead
Ends of the Earth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Downs' Bug Man Series   Tim Downs' Bug Man Series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim Downs' Bug Man Series
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Media :: Books-
Jump to: