Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last movie you watched

Go down 
+15
Liquid
Adira
Flux Pendulum
Winceline
Zoe
Scott Becker
chandor
Banana
Anomaly
Anna
Kara
Darth Twinkie
Sara
Nikolai
Justin
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Anomaly

Anomaly

Last movie you watched - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Breaking Bad 8/10

I just started watching it from the beginning. I'm only three episodes in, but it's quite good thus far. I don't watch much tv outside of sitcoms (especially cable tv), but this seems to have a fresh, original vibe to it.
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

Scott Becker

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:39 pm

The Killers, starring Burt Lancaster, Ava Gardner, and Edmond O'Brien. Based on a short story by Ernest Hemingway. Very good flick. Cool
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Sorority Row

kinda stupid, but at least it was entertainingish

7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Tears of the Sun - 9/10

I've been meaning to watch that one for quite some time. Definitely worth adding to the collection.
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

Scott Becker

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Law-Abiding Citizen.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Bounty Hunter

pretty fun
Back to top Go down
Anomaly

Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:28 am

The Lovely Bones

8/10

Kinda slow and a bit artsy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I imagine the book is probably a lot better. Give credit to the movie, though, it was very intense at times, and i definitely felt an emotional connection.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly

Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:30 am

Nikolai wrote:
Tears of the Sun - 9/10

I've been meaning to watch that one for quite some time. Definitely worth adding to the collection.

I've seen this movie only once. I swear, if there had been a military recruiter of any sort present for the 15 minutes following the credits, i'd absolutely be in the military right now. I don't know why, but this one really got to me. It was an awesome movie.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:35 am

Anomaly wrote:
The Lovely Bones

8/10

Kinda slow and a bit artsy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I imagine the book is probably a lot better. Give credit to the movie, though, it was very intense at times, and i definitely felt an emotional connection.

Stanley Tucci deserved the Oscar for his performance in it. Mainly because it's so diametrically opposite to anything he's ever played before, and he still nailed it.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:49 am

I really enjoyed The Bounty Hunter. It was funny, sweet, and also had action and suspense (well, for me anyway). I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10.
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

Scott Becker

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:36 pm

The Slaughter Rule, starring David Morse and Ryan Gosling. 3 out of 5 stars.

Pulp Fiction. Five out of five stars.
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

Scott Becker

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Justin wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
The Lovely Bones

8/10

Stanley Tucci deserved the Oscar for his performance in it. Mainly because it's so diametrically opposite to anything he's ever played before, and he still nailed it.

Tucci is a great method actor. He was awesome in an episode of Monk, when he literally became Adrian. Cool
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Quote :
Pulp Fiction. Five out of five stars.

one of the greatest movies of all time.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Harry Brown - 7/10

Great plot, up 'till about the last half-hour.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 3:35 pm

That the new one with Michael Caine? I really have to see that.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 4:01 pm

It's a good insight into the current condition of Great Britain, and a sombre preview of what the United States could very well become.
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:14 pm

Toy Story on Blu-Ray. Went out and picked up both that one and the sequel for a combined total of $18 this morning thanks to coupons and discounts at Target.

10/10
Back to top Go down
Banana

Banana

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 am

New Moon. Don't worry.... I didn't pay money for it.

2/10. One star for the action sequences, and one star for the music.
Back to top Go down
Winceline

Winceline

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:09 pm

The Blind Side. I don't like inspirational sports movies but I actually liked this movie. 9/10
Back to top Go down
Darth Twinkie

Darth Twinkie

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:51 am

The Men Who Stare At Goats
6/10
-2 for nudity
-1 for intense language
-1 for stupid resolution
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:14 am

but +1,000,000 for having one of the greatest rock songs of all time in it's soundtrack Boston's "More Than A Feeling"
Back to top Go down
Anomaly

Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:32 am

Zodiac 8/10

I really liked it a fair amount. The characters were interesting, the plot fair-paced...my only complaint was the end. But to be fair, it's based on a true story, so i don't think i'm even really allowed to complain about that aspect. Still....

Also, a shout out to Mark Ruffalo. His character was awesome. I'm not familiar with his work, but i'm interested in seeing what else he's done.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:59 am

Interesting tidbit: the detective from Zodiac is the real-life dude that Dirty Harry is based off of.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:55 am

Die Hard - 8/10

John McLane is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly

Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:10 pm

I've heard that bit about Dirty Harry. I've never seen Dirty Harry (need to remedy that some time), but it seems like the similarities between the character and man would be substantial.

Shooter 9/10

Just an awesome action movie. It's intelligent enough without forgetting that it's meant to be high octane. And seems fairly grounded in reality, also. One of the better straight up action movies in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last movie you watched   Last movie you watched - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last movie you watched
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Media :: TV and Movies-
Jump to: