Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

on to mars!

Go down 
+2
Nikolai
Justin
6 posters
AuthorMessage

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:42 pm

link to bbc news article about mars team testing

So...do you think they will last the entire 18 months in their test capsule? Or will the project managers open the doors a month later to find one wild eyed, crouching creature chewing on a human legbone?

Either way, a manned mission to mars sounds cool.

discuss...
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:47 pm

all I can say is...finally.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 pm

18 months in confinement? I could do it.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:12 pm

I could too I think. I tend to enjoy tight cozy places where most everything is at my fingertips. Maybe I shoulda tried to be an astronaut, or work on a submarine
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:17 pm

A year and a half ago, and I would've enjoyed it, too. Notsomuch now that I'm married.
Back to top Go down
Banana

Banana

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:39 pm

I don't think I'd do well with that. But sounds very interesting anyway.
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

Scott Becker

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:08 am

30 Seconds to Mars? Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:38 am

most would be able to do it i think. but do it with others...thats the thing. spending 24/7 with somebody creates murderous thoughts.
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:59 pm

This discussion makes me think of the movie Moon.
Back to top Go down

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:13 pm

andrew, that's a great movie. i saw it in the theatre and i think it was the best movie i saw last summer actually.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:10 am

Yep, one of my favorite movies.
Back to top Go down

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:11 am

http://www.popsci.com/node/46619
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:35 am

I think that what would get me first is the food. I like fresh food and hearty, which is the farthest thing from space food. Next it would be the boredom, unless maybe one of the other astronauts could teach me another language. That would actually make it a lot better for me. At some point though, I would just want to be connected with stuff on earth and know what's going on in the real world.
Back to top Go down

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:47 am

All the money spent to poke at the great cold expanse of space and send us back samples and data and pictures of barren spheres at close range. Space exploration is a very profitable venture, that it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

on to mars! Empty
PostSubject: Re: on to mars!   on to mars! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

on to mars!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Discussion :: Current Events-
Jump to: