Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1

Go down 
+5
Nikolai
Zoe
Banana
living sacrifice
Justin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Empty
PostSubject: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:30 pm

As many of you know there will be a new Ted Dekker Forums on June 1, to replace the old Ning site.

There will be no chatroom, and no discussion of religious or current events topics or anything not directly related to Ted Dekker. Which is fine. It's his forums.

I'd like to consider this place a good alternative, and not in confrontation though of the new site, as it will be a more open site with a freer atmosphere.

So, if anyone complains, let em know about here, and if anyone asks. You can advertise if you want, but keep it on the d-l. We're not wanting to look like we're in competition here.
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:56 pm

I don't think this is competition at all since this site isn't really about Ted Dekker and now will be offering something pretty different than the Ted Dekker site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:57 am

Justin, you posted this topic with such wonderful psychological methods. It is dumbfounding to me how wonderful they are.
Back to top Go down
Banana

Banana

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:55 am

It's just a fun place for people who happen to sometimes have something in common. With the new site being on topic only, this is the hangout?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:04 am

Well the psychological methods i was thinking are more the devices he inserted into his original post, its like hacking into our brains to get us to spread the knowledge of this site.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:52 am

Nah, if he were trying to do that I think he'd go to more extreme measures, like hacking into our profiles and putting it in our sigs, maybe creating a flashing avatar that had subliminal messages, etc.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:04 pm

and somewhere Nik is nodding his head.

hah! I subconsciously do these things, promise.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Ahaha...The new forum is a phpBB. I have to say that this one looks cooler...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:18 am

it does look cooler, but there are a few things I don't like.

1. inability to change ones username.

2. post dates of the archives are messed up it seems.

3. unable to change username.

4. A&E is gone.

5. unable to change username.

Other than that it seems okay. This board will still be more awesome though.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:29 am

A&E isn't gone. It's just hidden. All the posts from there are still credited. Otherwise, I'd have a sub-one thousand count.
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:19 am

wait...how are you on the new site?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:50 am

What is A&E?

Is there a link to the newer site so we can peruse it, too?

Is there any religious/political discussions allowed? -That- is the -main- reason I am not liking the idea of a new site. I heard it will be disallowed and all we'll be allowed to talk about is Ted's books.... boring. Sleep Sleep Sleep

(to clarify, Ted's books are not boring, nor is discussing them necessarily boring, but the -most- fun is discussing religion/politics IMO.)
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:06 am

All credit must be rendered unto Scare. http://thecircle.teddekker.com/index.php

And no, there is no political/religious discussion forum. Ted-centric only. A&E, or Anything & Everything as it was formally known, was the place for everything non-Ted related, which has been removed from the new site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:20 am

Apparently they are still working on it. Because now I cannot log in, and they keep changing different things. I don't think we are "supposed" to be using it yet. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:33 am

yeah how'd you get the link?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:55 am

Jesus gave it to me. It was sitting in front of my door along with an undernourished orphan child from the Netherlands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:31 am

Very...blah. Oh well... Sad
Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep No

At least this site exists.

ETA: Thanks for the link! However, now that I have gone to that site, I can't seem to access the current Circle site using the URL... I will try searching for it on google. Sad Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:57 am

http://teddekker.ning.com (although i see you in natter so it appears you found it)
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:44 am

We're still Beta testing. I even made a spreadsheet to log issues and problems so that hopefully they won't get ignored. Personally, I kind of hope they wipe the whole forum, or at least archive all the existing threads elsewhere. I also suggested that the look be updated to something a little less turn-of-the-century, especially since there are visibility problems with some of the text.

As for the dates, that's something we can't fix for some reason, which is another reason I hope they clear everything out. Anyway, I don't know how you got the link, but no, you're not supposed to be on it yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:00 am

Why do i always get my hands on things i'm not supposed to have? I didn't even try to find this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:18 am

Yeah, I think the posts being dated in 1969...before the Internet...is really funny! Laughing tongue

I actually couldn't even reach the site through Google or through the ning.com URL. I had to basically reset Safari (which is a -huge- hassle! I now have no browsing history and, having come to rely on that, cannot remember the exact URLs of all my favorite websites, which I then had to Google.) Even then, I could only get to the Circle homepage. Every time I tried to click the "Forum" tab, it said 'unavailable.' I snuck in through the list of discussions near the bottom of the homepage and then clicked the 'all discussions' link from there, which, finally, led me to the Forum and now it seems to be working again! Shocked affraid Rolling Eyes Neutral
Back to top Go down
Darth Twinkie

Darth Twinkie

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Zoe wrote:
I don't know how you got the link, but no, you're not supposed to be on it yet.
Does this mean we'd get in trouble if we were caught? For example, say I logged in and shortly after, Gregg logs in and sees me on there. What would happen? <.< >.>
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:51 pm

well I'm not being allowed to reach anything but the new site now. Good thing I still had the ning site up from yesterday.
Back to top Go down
siren

siren

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:12 am

I have the Circle bookmarked without "ning" in the url on my computer. So when I was attempting to get onto the regular site, I stumbled onto the new one accidentally.
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:40 am

Wait...we still aren't supposed to be there? Oops. I stumbled on it when I tried to get to Natter. I'm having fun reading through all of the old stuff. I'm just really disappointed that I can't change my username, because I really don't want to make a new account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1   RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RE: The new Ted Dekker Site to be launched June 1
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: