Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread

Go down 
+29
siren
SlaveofElyon
TirlalaithFantasyComedian
Willow_Rain
Megz
Adira
Riley
Reddie (vinc)
Tyjaham
Leanna
living sacrifice
Banana
Darth Twinkie
Nicky
Jami_Sue
addict
Zoe
Winceline
Hunter
Invisible
WhiteRook
chandor
Scott Becker
Refined
Meisje
Justin
Sara
Krystal
Nikolai
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Sara

Sara

Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:10 am

Yes, Mister Nik, your intelligence is far greater than the rest of ours and a silly comedy would never satisfy your intelligent humor.
Back to top Go down
Krystal

Krystal

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:20 am

Nikolai wrote:
While marginally better, still doesn't appeal to me =P

There are very few comedy shows that do. Whos Line is it, Anyways? was one of them.

Loved Whose Line! I liked a few South Parks but not all. I can't stand Family Guy and I hate Spongebob. I don't know some. Some funny things just aren't funny to me.
Back to top Go down
Nicky

Nicky

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:52 am

Agreed, Krystal. And I won't let my kids watch Spongebob either. A fact that, I think, mildly offends my sister-in-law, who watches and likes the show.
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

Scott Becker

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:15 pm

All this hatin' on Spongebob makes me Sad .
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

Scott Becker

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Nikolai wrote:
It's actually written very well, almost lyrically, I'd say. There were points where I was entertained enough to nearly laugh out loud, but no amount of good writing can save bad characters.

Sadly, no. Twilight's prose is FAIL. I tried sloughing through a page of that blather. Thankfully, I was nowhere near the hardware section in that store, or I would have stuck my head in a wood chipper. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Child wrote:
You know, I would normally freak out and such. But knowing that I, even if it's a joke, offended Nikolai, I gotta be pretty amazing. Razz

M'dear, methinks you worry too much about trying to please everyone. Don't be afraid to ruffle some feathers, else everyone simply walks all over you.

Scott Becker wrote:
Sadly, no. Twilight's prose is FAIL. I tried sloughing through a page of that blather. Thankfully, I was nowhere near the hardware section in that store, or I would have stuck my head in a wood chipper.

See, I think a large part of the problem is that these days, people are too biased about the book/series to be able to render any sort of valid judgement. Young, impressionable folk read it and are star-struck because they don't know any better, and the ones who watch them go crazy become too cynical about it to give even a page-worth a chance. The middle-grounders get lost in the uproar.

I gave Twilight an open-minded chance on the basis that I wanted to make sure that I was correct in mocking it. As it is, I seem to find myself rallying in defense of the book, against attackers too ignorant to care whether their mocking winds up making -them- look like the idiot. I guess it just stems from my belief that if you're going to mock something, at least be informed enough to mock it correctly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:00 pm

silent
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Kindly refrain from one-word (or one-emoticon) posts, please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

But a picture is worth a thousand words and an emoticon is worth at least one picture.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Clever, but no. An emoticon is only worth the emotion it conveys, and emotions are worthless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:30 pm

It’s true they can be fabricated and misunderstood, overlooked and gone without, they are still an important part of this realm. Imagine watching a movie where the actors displayed no emotion whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Winceline

Winceline

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:34 pm

You mean like Twilight? Razz
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Alberi wrote:
Imagine watching a movie where the actors displayed no emotion whatsoever.

That's the basis behind Equilibrium, and it turned out fine! (As a movie)

Winceline wrote:
You mean like Twilight?

Precisely!

Last edited by Nikolai on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Music without emotion is like eating tofu.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Yet tofu, strangely enough, can take on the flavour of whatever it's cooked with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:43 pm

So emotionless music that you infuse with your own spirit?
Back to top Go down
Winceline

Winceline

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Music and smileys cannot be compared.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Alberi wrote:
So emotionless music that you infuse with your own spirit?

Isn't that what all music is? Infused with the spirit of the musician?
Back to top Go down
Winceline

Winceline

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:56 pm

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." ~Leo Tolstoy

EDIT: Meaning that music -is- emotion. Whereas smileys just represent emotions. The two cannot be compared. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Krystal

Krystal

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:11 pm

Alberi wrote:
But a picture is worth a thousand words and an emoticon is worth at least one picture.

An emoticon is worthless in the course of a conversation. Emoticon only posts are like nails on the blackboard of the internet.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:56 pm

isn't alberi italian for tree or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 pm

No, it's French and means Elf Lord or ruler of the Elves.
Don't murder my name's meaning, I'm proud of it...
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:54 pm

So I'll just call you Elfie. ^.^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:57 pm

What's wrong with Alberi?
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:59 pm

*shrugs* Nothings wrong with it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread
Page 8 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26 ... 44  Next