Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

there is no god and if there is he hates you

Go down 
+8
Zoe
Banana
Nikolai
living sacrifice
Justin
Scott Becker
Krystal
Invisible
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:09 am

I had written up a long post in response to Scott Becker and in many ways now i'm glad i didnt. It struck me later that we need to have a spirit of love for him too. His viewpoint may be wrong but I need to have the same humility with him, even though I feel that way, as I was asking him to have with scare. It's sometimes harder to love people like us who we feel should know better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:50 am

Justin wrote:
but I'm not really happy that no one else but Scott has negative points.
-Admin

haha...i was giving him positive ones all along. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:03 am

living sacrifice wrote:
I had written up a long post in response to Scott Becker and in many ways now i'm glad i didnt. It struck me later that we need to have a spirit of love for him too. His viewpoint may be wrong but I need to have the same humility with him, even though I feel that way, as I was asking him to have with scare. It's sometimes harder to love people like us who we feel should know better.

As they say in Forumspeak. QFT
Back to top Go down
Invisible

Invisible

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:33 am

Sorry, Justin.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:35 am

no problemo dude. you didn't know.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:54 am

Um, boy am I glad I wasn't posting in this thread earlier?

So Emo kid, I'm a little curious as to why you posted this thread with no intention of defending your point of view. Do you want this to be an actual discussion and debate, or did you have another goal/motive for this thread?

I believe there is a God and that he loves you very much. But I suppose that if you don't have to back up your opinion, neither do I.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Sorry for the post, but does the premise of the OP mean that there is also no devil, and if there is he loves you?
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 8:56 pm

I meant to say sorry for the double post . . . which makes this sorry for the triple post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:06 am

i think i made this topic because i was having a bad day.

but it accomplished what i wanted as i can see it left some hard feelings, and more confusion has been circulated.
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:04 am

Whatever gives your life meaning. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:46 am

So, your goal was to "[leave] some hard feelings, and [circulate] more confusion..." ? That's just...mean.

This thread does bring up something interesting that I have been thinking about recently. Everyone jumped on this one poster who left the forum (whose name I can't recall, Scott? Brian?), right? But he believes in God and that God loves him. I'd say most of the people who jumped on this poster agreed with those statements, right? (Correct me if I'm wrong.) But everyone's, at the same time, defending Scare's (the OP=original poster) right to post this mean statement even though they (I assume) disagree with the original statement. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

This brings up the question of why? Was it the way in which things were stated (tone, method, etc.)? The motive behind the statements? The statements themselves? The fact that the poster(s) refused to back up their statements? Why jump on this one guy and not the other, whose goals were admittedly mean?

I understand the whole "to whom much is given, much is required" thing. Meaning Christians are held to a higher standard than the unsaved. But what I don't understand is why unsaved people are given a license to run rampant (not saying that is happening here or anywhere specifically) because "they don't know any better." I mean, the only reason anyone who has heard the Gospel of Yahshua is not saved is because they chose to reject Yahshua and His Gospel. I ask this question because I have seen this often and the thread made me think of it, not because I am accusing anyone or saying anyone is allowed to run rampant.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:13 pm

I think it was mostly the attitude being given off. Truth and Love cannot be separated. If you're missing one, you corrupt the other to the point where it no longer even qualifies as what it may have been or appears to be. What good is it if you possess all knowledge, but have not love? It profits you nothing.

Honestly, there was pride, and its a pride that everyone in this thread has encountered quite a bit, has been guilty of, or more likely both.

Jesus never went after the Romans, the pagans, or the people who were obviously living outside the will of God like He did those who put on an appearance of cleanliness but inwardly showed something different. The religious("healthy") crowd was a "brood of vipers". The prostitutes and tax collectors("sick" in need of the Physician) were the lost sheep of Israel. The religious people didn't realize that He desired mercy rather than sacrifice, and had so many laws that they were never able to see their own deep corruption beneath it.

But as I say all that, its dangerous to assume that we are not the Pharisees ourselves. A Pharisee who condemns another Pharisee is the biggest ass of them all.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:24 am

Personally I don't want -anyone- being jumped on. Not even if they deserve it. That's not what this board is about. If you have a complaint about how someone posted or what they said, message one of the moderators or me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:39 am

Cassondra wrote:
1. So, your goal was to "[leave] some hard feelings, and [circulate] more confusion..." ? That's just...mean.

2. Why jump on this one guy and not the other, whose goals were admittedly mean?

What a Face

1. Short answer. Yes.

Long answer. I am sorry I created this thread in the first place. I am unsatisfied with life, I indulge in destruction, and think GOD is a load of BS. But that gives me no right to troll where people have been so kind to me. I really don't want to hurt anyone.

2. Most likely because they feel like they have some sort of affinity towards me. Defending me I suppose. *shrug* The thought is disturbing and exciting at the same time.

This will be my last post in this Religion/Philosophy category. I'm sticking to A&E for now on.

This is actually a very small thing on my evil graph. It didn't really bother me much until I realized how much time the people i care about put into typing posts and applying their mind's and consciousnesses into this worthless thread. Other than a few old roommates, some of the [circle] people are the only "friends"? i have. So I'd feel bad about destroying that now.

*leaves*
Back to top Go down
Deepcallsdeep

Deepcallsdeep

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:28 am

Crow,

God is very real, but He reveals Himself to those He chooses and who respond to the Spirit's voice. When we respond...He reveals more of Himself and gives more Light. The Bible says that the god of this world has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. Light is given to men and when they refuse the light and persist in unbelief, satan blinds their minds and removes their capacity to believe and God allows this. This is a FEARFUL thing. God will allow us to be deceived if we choose to be so. It's called delusion. No amount of debate or logical reasoning can open blinded minds.....for initial belief is not an intellectual matter, but a supernatural revelation. Only God can do this. The natural man cannot perceive or understand the things of God...only the spiritual man. And Spirit communes with spirit to accomplish this.

It grieves my heart to hear God talked about in such an evil and depraved way. Really grieves me. Also...it strikes such fear into my heart, because God is full of such majesty and power and though God is love and full of compassion and long-suffering.......it's a law of the spirit realm that man eventually reaps what he sows. God's wrath against willful unbeliever, scoffers, and slanderers of His name....well...it's something that should make man tremble.

As CS Lewis' put it in the Chronicles of Narnia..."He's not a tame lion, but He's good." To say He's not tame....is to say He's wild and ferocious....worthy to be feared and praised. Completely capable of retribution that is perfectly balanced with justice and love. There is no error in God's ways and workings with man.

Deep
Back to top Go down
MarshmallowGherkin

MarshmallowGherkin

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:19 am

While it appears that Crow has wrapped up this topic, I would just like to offer a few of my thoughts on the issue.

First and foremost, I believe that God is real.
I have always been drawn to knowledge. Up to age 12, my favourite place in the Library was the non-fiction science section (now it's the fiction section Cool ). That said, the past 17 years of information searching have yet to prove to me anything other than that God is real.
Despite me not quite knowing where I stand with God, I do know that he is real.

In my mind, two possible scenarios occur, with one possible conclusion. Please bear with me as I try to explain, for I know for a fact that my thought processing is often unnecessarily confusing.

Firstly, if there is no God--a supreme being in charge of it all--then we as humans are god. We are the ones in charge then. We are the ones who have achieved sentience over the other life-form. We have the ability to change anything to our will.
This "scenario" is far from complete, as is apparent by how many people hold beliefs derived from this basic belief (atheism and polytheism come to mind).
I could also go off on a whole relative reality rant because of this idea. "If there is no higher authority in the world, then what is stopping the authority I believe I have from being the highest? You could all be creations of my imagination. This world could be a creation of my imagination; and thus my creation. Reality is irrelevant!" etc...

Secondly, if there is no God then there is no heaven. No hell. Just this earth.
Since the earth is all there is, there is no more life after we die on this earth. We are only on the earth for a both small and finite about of time. Our very existence fading away after we die, and never having been there before our birth.
Therefore life itself holds no point. There is no reason to live, if we all die anyway; are all forgotten.

(On a somewhat related tangent to the above, I feel as though this is an "I think, therefore I am" scenario. The fact that there is life should prove that life holds meaning. And as stated above, if there is no heaven and hell, then there is no meaning to life; and so conversely it can be proven that there is a heaven and hell. Applying the same "logic" to the relationship between God and heaven/hell, the converse should prove that God is real).

The one conclusion I can come to from these two scenarios is this:
If there is a God, I have everything/eternity to gain from accepting him, and everything to lose from rejecting him. If there is not a God, then I have nothing to lose from accepting him, and nothing to lose from rejecting him.
Back to top Go down
MarshmallowGherkin

MarshmallowGherkin

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:22 am

Hopefully you were able to follow at least a thread of that train of thought...
I feel as though I did not communicate that as effectively as I had hoped to.
I have put much thought into the topic over the past half-year, and these are what i deemed "important" to my mind.

Anyway, yeah.
tl;dr
I know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:15 am

Read the whole discussion and...

Neutral

That is all.
Back to top Go down
clb123

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:01 am

"Therefore life itself holds no point. There is no reason to live, if we all die anyway; are all forgotten."

So, the logic goes, those things that are not eternal are not important. But one could argue, even without any invocation of God or heaven/hell:

The human body outlives the cells that compose the body. A nation outlives human beings which compose it. Humanity outlives the nations that compose it. And perhaps, life as a whole outlives the human race, as well as all other forms of life. My point is that eternal things may be composed of things that appear to be transient. If this is the case, then it follows that those things which appear transient hold eternal value, for eternity is composed of them.

Thus, an argument can be made for the importance of living a good life, and leaving a good legacy for our fellow creatures, without any invocation of God or religious ideas. Note that I haven't said anything bad about God/religion. Just making conversation here at this point.
Back to top Go down
Perennial_Fey

Perennial_Fey

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:24 am

If you're ticked at God or think he's a load of crap, then I have just one question.

What are you looking for? Everyone is looking for something when they make statements like these. You've said you're unsatisfied with life, so I would gather that it leaves you wanting. What is it you want? Do you want solace? Answers? Truth? I had myself convinced years ago that God wasn't real. He didn't exist, and if he did, he was a jerk. I told a lady this when she tried to talk to me about what was bothering me. And she gave me the best advice I've ever been given when it comes to questioning something. She said, "Go find your answer." She didn't care where I looked or how far. She said that if I wanted truth, I should go find it and not stop until I did.

I know more about most of the major religions and some of the sects and cults that have branched off of Christianity than I ever wanted to know. Why? Because I wanted my answer. I even went so far as to research the Occult. That was a mess, honestly. But I eventually found my answer. I found truth. I found my solace. Go find yours. Don't hold back and delve into researching other religions and ways of life. See where it leads you. If it's truth you want, truth you will find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: there is no god and if there is he hates you   there is no god and if there is he hates you - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

there is no god and if there is he hates you
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Discussion :: Religion/Philosophy-
Jump to: