Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread

Go down 
+29
siren
SlaveofElyon
TirlalaithFantasyComedian
Willow_Rain
Megz
Adira
Riley
Reddie (vinc)
Tyjaham
Leanna
living sacrifice
Banana
Darth Twinkie
Nicky
Jami_Sue
addict
Zoe
Winceline
Hunter
Invisible
WhiteRook
chandor
Scott Becker
Refined
Meisje
Justin
Sara
Krystal
Nikolai
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 33 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Hehe, I laughed too, unfortunately its no laughing matter if it means I lose my AwesomeBook. He's like, "All I want is a viewing pane on the right side and not even you or your nerdy friends and family can help me!"

I love how he says "your family" as if he didn't choose to marry into it himself. If he chose it, its more his than mine in my book. And nerdy friends come in real handy during times of technical distress and anguish.
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:52 pm

Haha...he called us nerdy...

Didn't that link say that you can change the viewing pane? I didn't look at it thoroughly enough, I guess. And I think he's just a bit too picky. Razz
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:55 pm

Well it wasn't just you. I asked some other people irl who really are total nerds.

And I think he's just having a tough time with the change. Besides, we're all picky about something. After using the mac I became very picky and frustrated with my pc, so I kind of see where he's coming from even if he's wrong. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:57 pm

I just can't imagine someone -liking- Outlook...*chuckles*
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:00 pm

Well, I think he decided to try and get over the Outlook issue, but now he's frustrated that its taking so long and is so difficult to transfer all of his info from Outlook to the new thing on his mac. He says mac may be better for play, but pc is better for work. He says we like the mac because we're not having so much trouble with outlook, which makes me want to say, "Right because we never settled for outlook to begin with" heh.
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Hehe...which is why many people like browser-based email...they don't have to worry about this compatibility nonsense. (Watch, one of the guys will come and contradict me now.)
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:08 pm

I've been using Hotmail since 2001. No complaints. I've got a couple of gmail accounts, but I have a hard time justifying switching over, because 9 years of history in an account is hard to replace, especially with all the information tied to it.
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:12 pm

Up until I was 18 or so, I switched my emails often and didn't use it much for real communication.

When I decided to get a "grown-up email" I switched to gmail and made my address much more "professional."

Now I'm a slave to Google.
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:12 pm

I've been using hotmail for almost as long and will continue using it for the same reason. My address is one that my mom suggested when I was ten years old, and even though I'd really rather change it now, I've had it for so long that there are probably at least a couple dozen people (including myself) who would be very confused for several years to come if I changed it.
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:14 pm

Come, see the light, LS. Gmail is where it's at. Very Happy

I like your avvie, btw.
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:15 pm

I used Hotmail until I was stupid when I was 15 and didn't use it for over the 30 or 60 days or whatever it is, and it deleted all the stuff in my account. I've used Gmail religiously since 2004 now. Google owns me.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:16 pm

chandor wrote:
Up until I was 18 or so, I switched my emails often and didn't use it much for real communication.

When I decided to get a "grown-up email" I switched to gmail and made my address much more "professional."

Now I'm a slave to Google.

Yeah. I suppose something more professional might be good. hockey_nut55 gets a lot of raised eyebrows. XD
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Yeah, probably doesn't look too good on a resume, Nik.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:30 pm

yep, email address name is very important.
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:34 pm

Mine's not quite so bad as that, but I don't think most people get it. My mom was and is kind of a strange one when it comes to picking out names. Its a wonder I ended up with a pretty average name myself, but I guess that's thanks to my dad.
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm glad I wasn't stupid when I made my Gmail account. sjr2010 is actually, like, normal.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:40 pm

love that avatar LS
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:44 pm

Thanks. Its amazing what you can find on google images with one word searches.
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Does anyone have an idea why my siggy isn't showing up?
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:54 pm

Profile>Preferences>Always attach my signature.
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Thanks Nik!
Back to top Go down
Scott Becker

Scott Becker

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:50 pm

You rock, Nik. Fixed my sig too. Cool
Back to top Go down
Winceline

Winceline

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:27 pm

I've got 5 email accounts. o.o 1 for junk(yahoo), 1 that my mom can't see(gmail), 1 that my mom -can- see(comcast), MSN, and my work email address. Heh.

I am also a slave to google. Chrome, Desktop, Earth, Gmail, Picasa... o.o
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:02 pm

I've given Chrome a wee bit of a spin, and so far I'm not too impressed. But then again, I always tend to be overly critical about using a new browser. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
Winceline

Winceline

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 pm

I didn't really like Chrome until they added the extensions. 'tis a lot better now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread
Page 22 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 33 ... 44  Next