Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread

Go down 
+29
siren
SlaveofElyon
TirlalaithFantasyComedian
Willow_Rain
Megz
Adira
Riley
Reddie (vinc)
Tyjaham
Leanna
living sacrifice
Banana
Darth Twinkie
Nicky
Jami_Sue
addict
Zoe
Winceline
Hunter
Invisible
WhiteRook
chandor
Scott Becker
Refined
Meisje
Justin
Sara
Krystal
Nikolai
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:37 am

Well, short version is I'm depressed and angsty right now.

The longer version will take a bit of time. First things first, I probably shouldn't refer to Crush-girl by that name as I really shouldn't be crushing on her anymore as she is in a relationship with someone that isn't me. Now, stemming from this, I still really want to be with her. Bad. And on top of that the guy she is with is bad news. And all of this happened when during a period of time when I was trying my damnedest to build up the courage to ask her out.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:39 am

I kinda know how that is, even if the guy who was with the girl I liked at the time turned out to be an okay guy, just kinda out there at times and I first took this as bad news.

Unrequited love is one of the hardest things to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:46 am

Yeah. It frickin' sucks and I don't know what to do about it.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:30 am

I recently had a crush on a girl and found out she likes someone from her school. I don't go to her school so it's not me. I wish I ignored the crush because I was pissed when I found out she likes someone else, but then I thought that we wouldn't really date anyways. We hardly even talked and now we barely talk for some odd reason and other reasons. I just admired that she got me to open up when I was afraid to open up about my struggles to our group and ask for prayer. There were other things about her that I liked and we have some similar interests in common. We didn't really have a friendship as in talking beyond at church. So I guess I'm glad I didn't tell her I liked her. I bet I would have been shot down anyways before I found out she likes someone from her school, but I was mad at myself that I didn't have the guts to tell her. Fear got the best of me.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:57 am

Gotta be honest, there's no use crying over spilt milk. He who dares, wins, as the SAS say. Moping only makes it worse.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:00 am

Nikolai wrote:
Gotta be honest, there's no use crying over spilt milk. He who dares, wins, as the SAS say. Moping only makes it worse.
I know. I hope I dare next time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:04 am

Ty, Hunter, sorry about how things didn\'t turn out. There is always that \"chance\" we have, and sometimes we pass it up and spend the rest of our lives wondering what might have happened if only...

On a lighter note, I can\'t sleep and I think I\'m going insane. I saw this dog chewing on a rock today and that is all I can think of. The dogs teeth crunching on that rock.

Last edited by crow on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:06 am

That happens to me sometimes. I usually have some vague recollections of a very strange dream about it some morning and then it goes away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:15 am

And its a feeling that saturates the soul. Only way I know how to put it.
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:22 am

Indeed. First you obsess over the thing itself, and then you obsess over whether its ever going to go away, and then you obsess over the fact that obsessing over whether it will go away is actually keeping it from going away and then somewhere in there you finally go to sleep.

Often when I close my eyes at night I see a dog that's alive, but its like a balloon animal and it gets really big and then really small and stares at me with bulging black eyes and then beady little ones and no matter what I can't get it out of my head when I close my eyes.
cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:20 pm

I just spent over 2 hours reading Yvette's Inner Geek Blog and I still have it open in a tab to continue reading all the way to the end later. (I only got to page 7) ...does this make me a geek?

P.S. She's also the creator of The Geek Test which I, of course, took. (And am a "Total Geek")
Back to top Go down
siren

siren

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 7:47 pm

Summer thunderstorms. One of the things that I can depend on in my life. Razz
Back to top Go down
addict

addict

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:22 am

It's always interesting waking up extremely early...from a nightmare. Not to mention the shaking... O.o Anybody know a way to (legally) calm down?
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Learn some breathing techniques.
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:34 pm

I know a simple one I was taught to keep your heart rate steady during stress and activity. Breath in really quick through your mouth and out really slow through your nose. It should take about 4 times as long to breath out as it does to breath in.
Back to top Go down
BillBuchanan

BillBuchanan

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:49 pm

I hallucinate. All of the time.
Back to top Go down
addict

addict

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 3:05 pm

thanks for the advice... tis appreciated
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Tyjaham wrote:
I know a simple one I was taught to keep your heart rate steady during stress and activity. Breath in really quick through your mouth and out really slow through your nose. It should take about 4 times as long to breath out as it does to breath in.

That's interesting; I'll keep it in mind. I just breathe in and out really slowly with a finger on my pulse and try to "will" my heart rate to slow down. And it works too . . .
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:26 pm

For your's it slows because you're controlling your breathing and concentrating on something. Really, though, that's how most of them work. The good thing about the one I suggested is that I can do that while running out between cover while under fire and I'll still be relatively fine when I get there.
Back to top Go down
Darth Twinkie

Darth Twinkie

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:38 pm

This is sad. Every one of the ads that show up on my facebook are either for websites where you can "Meet single girls!" or for Hooters. What's sad about this? None of the girls in the ads are good looking.
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:55 pm

That is sad...
Back to top Go down
Meisje

Meisje

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:57 am

Could be worse...
Back to top Go down
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:28 am

I've seen the "Meet hot Christian singles". I really hate the Evony Online ads. Those are the worst and the worst ad campaign strategy for a website game I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:23 am

Worst ad campaign how? In that it's completely misleading? Or that it's effective because of boobs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:01 am

I would say worst because its misleading...

People hope to find some sort of game that halfway matches the ads but its nothing like it. It's not even graphical is it (evony)?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread
Page 40 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next