Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions

Go down 
+3
Invisible
Tyjaham
Adira
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Adira

Adira

For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Empty
PostSubject: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Here is the area to discussion the RPG "For Moryn and the Lost King". You can bring up ideas, problems, and the like. Also, if you just have something funny to say, Go ahead ^.^

Character Bios, though not required, are welcome. Post them in here!
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Character Bio: Youta Haruki

Race: Appyre, basically a redeemed vampire who has lost the necessity for blood allowing them to live in sunlight. Their primary life force comes from heat instead of blood, however draining a cow is an occasional treat. Appyri are not an evil race, those that turn away from the path of good regain their thirst for blood and return to the shadows, however this does not mean they have any sense of lawfulness, in fact most Appyri are cunning tricksters. This cunning however, merely makes them a little difficult to deal with, they will not purposefully act in an evil manner.

-Sex, Male

-Skin, Caucasian with greenish tint around the finger and toe nails.

-Eyes, Green

-Hair, Black in dreadlocks, normally the dreads themselves are pulled back and tied

-Facial Hair, none

-Height, 5'3"

-Build, Thin

-Age, Young for his race, however this means little as Appyri have been known to live in the hundreds of years.

-Profession, Assassination and petty thievery

(Note, this will be edited with modifications to character/equipment after they have been dealt with in the RPG)
Back to top Go down
Invisible

Invisible

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Name: Ryn al'Redan

Race: Human, of course

Height: About 6' 6"

Appearance: Black hair and hard black eyes in a pale face. He wears his hair shaven but for a warrior's topknot. He is burly, but not overpowering, and his face is all hard angles. Very intimidating looking when he has to be.

He sometimes dresses in plate and mail, but prefers the natural colors of the land...all the better for surprise attack. Rides only when necessary.

Special abilities: Has some small abilities with casting and forming fire, but his main ability is with the staff. Still a skilled swordsman, the staff is his primary weapon. He is never without one, even if it is only a stout branch cut from a tree, and no one has ever defeated him when he holds that weapon.

History: To be expounded on later.

Does that work for you, Adira?
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Name: Ashur Forgebreaker

Race: Black Dwarf

Height: 4'2"

Occupation: Master blacksmith, specializing in weaponsmithing, although also an exceptional armoursmith

For centuries, the Forgebreaker clan have been the realm's foremost metal craftsmen, with generations of family secrets handed down from father to son. Forgebreaker weapons and armour are highly sought-after by the fiercest of warriors and the richest of noblemen. 'Twas Forgebreaker Mithril that King Aldrych wore when he fell.

Ashur works and lives in his modest smithy, which also serves as a trade outpost between the capital city and the Dwarven fortress mountain of Khazad Grung.

Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:38 pm

Suhweet. I like this.

The cool thing about RPG's like this is worldbuilding as well as being able to write more than one sentence at a time.

So far it seems like two kind of lands, the cities, and the the forests. Moryn can either be a really large kingdom or a fairly small one, but either way I think that there are other kingdoms at least, not really sure I wanna go the cliche' route and have dwarves and elves though, but I like Ty's character, that's a new kind.

Anyways, I think I'm gonna have about three characters, I tend to like to write from a few different perspectives. I hope that's cool.

Character 1

Race: Human

Valadan Rayvensvere

Tall, rangy, young and a bit reckless, has red hair that he wears in a ponytail. Blue eyes.

Bio: The son of a Lord, Valadan is a knight in the King's Army. He was at the first battle in which the king fell, and a darkness shadowed the land. He longs to save his king and will stop at nothing, but there are many adventures and dangers to face til he gets there.

Character 2

Talis

Race: Unknown, appears human

No last name, cold, imperious, ancient eyes, a smiling face that hides a multitude of secrets. Blond hair, grey stormy eyes, with flecks of gold. Tall, and broad shouldered.

Bio: Not much is known about Talis, he is a bard, who travels the lands, Moryn being one, for a very long time, and his song playing is renowned. Some believe he has Appyre blood in him for he seems to enjoy tricks, but it could also be the blood of fairies. He is well versed in a magic based on song called Weaving. He is sort of a neutral character in that he doesn't much care for politics, or the changing of hands in kingdoms, and while he recognizes that the King was good for Moryn, and loved by most of the other kingdoms, he doesn't really mind if these new men take over since he will just move on to somewhere else. Antihero is a good way to describe him.

Character 3

Lady Dray of the Drow, Dray SwiftSpear of the Cold River Tribe

Race: Drow

tall for a drow she stands about 5 foot 6, dark brown skin, with a European like face, and slightly pointed ears. Purple eyes. Brown hair.

Bio: Like the Aiel of Robert Jordan's novels, the Drow are a nomadic warriorlike race, who live in different kingdoms, but apart and independent of those kingdoms. There are about 50,000 of them, and they are spread out, but have an aristocracy like the humans, consisting of a King, and Elders of the different tribes The Right of Truce allows that they not be bothered, and allowed to live in borders. Moryn, like most other kingdoms, honors this ancient truce. She herself is the daughter of the king of the Drow, who while being concerned about the loss of the King of Moryn and the danger of these new evil humans is not convinced yet to raise up arms in support of Moryn.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:11 pm

Justin wrote:
not really sure I wanna go the cliche' route and have dwarves and elves

*shrug* Dunno what else you'd put in a fantasy RPG...Klingons, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:19 pm

eh, there's quite a few great fantasy authors out there that don't use elves and dwarves
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:20 pm

Right, I just remembered I can't just go edit my posts... So, I guess later on I'll post a full bio that is a bit more rich in content.
Back to top Go down
Invisible

Invisible

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:59 am

Justin is actually right. There are griffens, sphinxes, balrogs, ents, Aes Sedai, Ogier, Myrdraal (last three from Wheel of Time), hobbits, the Valar, jinn/genies....

And lots of other things I can't think of at 4 am.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 3:07 pm

And what makes them "un-cliche", as compared to dwarves and elves? My wife argues that dwarves and elves are classic, as they are common to most fantasy realms, whilst the rest are cliche, as they are exclusive to certain series'.
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:14 pm

NAME: Dassa

RACE: Dryad

APPEARANCE: In tree form, Dassa has the appearance of a myrtle tree. In the springtime, her blooms are of a purplish hue. In humanoid form, the dryad has tanned skin with brown hair that has a green hue. Her eyes are bright green, cheeks flushed pink, and her lips resemble the color of the flowers that bloom on her branches in the spring. She is tall for a woman, 6 feet even, but is slender.

ABILITIES: Able to turn her skin into bark, able to detect the alliance of many creatures (nature loving or destroying), able to be healed by ample amounts of sunlight (in tree form only), able to manipulate spiritually uninhabited plant life. (This of course may be expounded upon later)
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Cliche means overused.
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:58 pm

I'd say humans and God were overused then. They're in way more books than elves and dwarves. Even IN Fantasy humans are used much more. Bbbboorrrrrinnngg.
Back to top Go down
Invisible

Invisible

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:40 pm

My "human" character won't be. I promise you that.

*grins*
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:51 pm

I'll have to read it to believe it =-P
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Just an fyi, I wrote that before Nikolai created his dwarf character, so I wasn't trying to make a jab at him.
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:39 am

I think you guys need to post more, cause I want to post more, but I don't want to be the primary story driver. I mean, I could be but it's not really what I want to do.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:27 am

I'm noticing how strange Moryn is ecologically, there seems to be alot of forests and deserts. I think I kinda have a picture in my head though, and I'll throw it out in a bit through Microsoft Paint.
Back to top Go down
Banana

Banana

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:30 am

*applauds* I love seeing you guys do RPG's the "old fashioned" way.
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 2:22 am

Justin wrote:
I'm noticing how strange Moryn is ecologically, there seems to be alot of forests and deserts. I think I kinda have a picture in my head though, and I'll throw it out in a bit through Microsoft Paint.

The actual kingdom is very much like Britain. Moors, forests, and plains. The enemy land, yet to be named, has jagged mountains and desert....charred lands. In my mind I see the land having been drained of life due to overuse of magic.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 2:56 am

Here's sort of an idea..

For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions 26530_544042603306_120502134_31659033_1565264_n
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 2:59 am

That works. I'd envisioned Khazad Grung a bit further from the Capitol though, in a mountain range. Perhaps in the Northeast, forming a border between Moryn and the Kingdom of Rhule?
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:10 am

yeah, I just wasn't sure how far it needed to be for Lord Taggart to have gone there and come back so fast. But what you posted could have come before most of my posts.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:23 am

The smithy is a trading post between the two. It doesn't exactly give a set distance, nor say it's dead middle. 'tis probably located right where you have Khazad Grung, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:27 am

gotcha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions   For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For Moryn and The Lost King OOC Discussions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next