Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread

Go down 
+29
siren
SlaveofElyon
TirlalaithFantasyComedian
Willow_Rain
Megz
Adira
Riley
Reddie (vinc)
Tyjaham
Leanna
living sacrifice
Banana
Darth Twinkie
Nicky
Jami_Sue
addict
Zoe
Winceline
Hunter
Invisible
WhiteRook
chandor
Scott Becker
Refined
Meisje
Justin
Sara
Krystal
Nikolai
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Nikolai
Nikolai

Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:59 pm

I didn't see that one, but I was stalking his personal site, and he mentioned that he and a friend made bullwhips, just to see if they could. So he has a 12-foot ostrich leather bullwhip.
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:49 am

I want a bullwhip.

In other news, I just had cake...and reading about brownies makes me want brownies instead...cake sucks.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:52 am

We had brownies for dessert tonight. ^.^

And I grilled burgers.

It turns out that bullwhip making is a lot more complicated than I initially thought. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:07 am

Yummy, burgers.

We had Jimmy John's because I was sick of cooking.
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:34 am

Today at the church picnic the guys in my youth group were saying they were so stuffed they had food babies. I had already eaten more than any of them and I had to tell them that mine wasn't even in the second trimester. 0.o I seriously could've eaten twice as much as I did before coming close to totally stuffed.

Do Americans secretly eat when they're not in public? Because as small as these guys are, they surely couldn't maintain their body mass eating the way they do when I'm around.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:37 am

Constant snacking. Most often subconsciously.
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:06 am

Most people eat less in public than they will in private...except most teenage/twentysomething guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:52 am

Nik, have you ever use a seaweed whip?
Back to top Go down
Zoe

Zoe

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 5:23 am

Sara wrote:
Most people eat less in public than they will in private...except most teenage/twentysomething guys.

Yeah, that reminds me of Awana camp . . . at one point they segregated the high school girls from boys at mealtimes because the girls were not eating very much around the boys, apparently, whereas I have distinct memories of guys eating over 10 pieces of French toast apiece and only stopping because the cafeteria ran out.

I think I eat the same amount in public as in private . . . I just eat more -frequently- in private.
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:04 am

I eat the same amount, and in fact I may lean toward eating more in public because I think its important to be the same person everywhere. I also remember feeling so worried about how much I was eating when I lived in the United States before and even in Thailand. Against the few weird looks I get, I find that most people like the fact that I eat without shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:11 am

I like to be chewing on something when i feel uncomfortable or awkward. So if I can eat in public I will. Razz
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:25 pm

That explains the obsession with the chip bag in Chicago then =P And no, I've never used a seaweed whip.

Re: Food. I tend to eat the same amount in public and private. Sometimes more in public when friends can't finish their food.
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:37 pm

The bathroom in my friends apartment attacked me today... I was spending the night and another one of our mutual friends, who doesn't live there, was the only other person there. I woke up and took a leak, the toilet decided to get revenge and somehow managed to overflow. So, the two guys who don't live there were cleaning up a small flood. The guys who actually live here are probably going to be a touch pissed.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:43 pm

o.O What do you piss like, an elephant? =P
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:07 am

Not normally... I swear his apartment is out to get me... The guy who helped me clean up and I broke the stove once too. We're pretty good at getting ourselves into trouble.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:24 pm

I get to go canoeing today!
Back to top Go down
Sara

Sara

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:31 pm

Totally jealous, Mister Nik.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Well, the good news is that after two years of no canoeing, I still remember all the fancy steering strokes.

The bad news is that now I wanna go on an epic canoe trip.
Back to top Go down
chandor
chandor

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:33 pm

My canoeing experience is limited to summer camp. So, it's mostly been under high-stress situations with 10 year old campers who would LOVE to tip their canoe. Rolling Eyes Not my definition of fun.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Oh, I empathize. I'm a certified canoe instructor, and I did canoeing at summer camp too. However, kids aren't so keen to tip their canoe into a glacier-fed lake. At its warmest, Crowsnest Lake hits maybe 40 degrees.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:05 am

Last time I canoed it was a midnight trip across a bay in Mexico. The current was working against us and my little brother thought dipping his paddle in the water and watching it float by was enough of his share of the paddling. Heh. It was fun though.
Back to top Go down
living sacrifice

living sacrifice

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:51 am

I've never really been canoeing, unless you count a few frightening experiences I've had in nasty Bangkok canals. Its one on a long list of outdoor sports I hope I get to do in the US.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:39 am

Heh, this is sorta funny. If you cannot tell the two people at the end are Marsuvees Black and Barsidious White.

http://fav.me/d2auwgy
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:30 am

Minor pity party time.

I feel like shit, physically and emotionally, and I don't want to feel like this but here I am. Ok, I'm done.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:33 am

what's up man?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread   Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Babble-on: The Official Chat Thread
Page 39 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next