Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gamer's Lounge

Go down 
+4
Anomaly
Tyjaham
Darth Twinkie
Nikolai
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nikolai
Nikolai

Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Modern Warfare 1&2

most, if not all of the Tom Clancy games except Endwar. Voice command RTS is a novel idea, but not super effective.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Darth Twinkie

Darth Twinkie

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Nikolai wrote:
most, if not all of the Tom Clancy games except Endwar. Voice command RTS is a novel idea, but not super effective.
I just don't like the Tom Clancy games.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:46 pm

Vegas 1&2 were awesome. I'd have to say that they've got the best cover system I've encountered so far. Ghost Recon has been an interesting series to watch evolve, and I'm looking forward to the next installment. To each their own, I guess. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Darth Twinkie

Darth Twinkie

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:55 pm

I'm generally not a fan of war games or first-person shooters, but I liked the little bit of Modern Warfare 2 that I played.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly

Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm not quite done with the game yet, but Conviction is pretty awesome. It has its flaws and can be downright frustrating at times, but overall a good game. I love games that offer enough freedom to allow creativity in resolving the problem (be them enemies or circumstances). It makes me feel awesome when i come up with a cooler and more effective solution than the run-of-the-mill one that would typically be used.

As for the interrogations, they were pretty visceral. I don't watch 24, but i can't imagine anything in that show can really compare.

And as for upcoming games, i cannot wait for the recently announced Lord of the Rings: War of the North. An M-rated Lord of the Rings game! Nothing matters until then.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:19 pm

I have officially 100%'d the Modern Warfare 2 campaign, having run through it on all four difficulty settings, and collected all 45 pieces of intel. *satisfied*
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:01 am

Awesome nik. I've still got like, 90-something% cause I'm too lazy to go through and get all the intel.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly

Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:17 am

I finally got around to starting Fallout 3 tonight. I played for a little over an hour and have yet to accomplish much. But i'm out the vault and ready to explore the world. Props to Bethesda for the opening segment and how the character creation is integrated. I can tell i'm going to log many hours into this title.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:02 pm

I wound up getting bored of Fallout 3, partially due to accidentally screwing over the main storyline, and partially due to short attention span. That, and the fact that "anarchist" falls under the "evil" category, so most people wound up not liking me. Either that, or dead.

I logged a bunch of time on Splinter Cell: Conviction this last weekend, and I've got to say that I'm fairly impressed. The control scheme took a lot of getting used to (read: still not comfortable) mainly due to copious amounts of MW2. The gun upgrade system is pretty neat, although somewhat rigged. I'm up to the part where I've just infiltrated Third Echelon, and it feels like the game is already wrapping up. I'm not sure if it's worth shelling out $50+ for.
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:04 am

I still don't have a PS3 which means I still haven't gotten my hands on RE5 OR GoW3. =-\ I am need of some serious console gaming time. Super Mario Bro.Wii is awesome, but it just isn't what I want
-.-

Oh and DT: I would personally add Chrono Trigger. Apparently there are numerous ways to beat that blasted game, plenty of which my husband has played all the way through and done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:03 pm

I'm currently playing splinter cell: conviction. its alright. beside second sight, i haven't played a third person shooter in a while. i like the physics though.

and fallout 3 was about the same for me. i just killed everybody, and then went too far into the wasteland too fast and kept on getting pounded by ogres.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:52 am

finished splinter cell...did seem too short. oh well.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:25 pm

The latest issue of GameInformer had a 10-page spread on Gears of War 3.

Oh. My. God.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly

Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:49 am

Nikolai wrote:
The latest issue of GameInformer had a 10-page spread on Gears of War 3.

Oh. My. God.

I know, man! That looks absolutely amazing. Hopefully it's a worthy finish to this incredible series.
Back to top Go down
Adira

Adira

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Guess who has a fully functioning PS3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Ooo ooo! Pick me! I think I know this one. Tyler has a fully functioning PS3! tongue
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:16 am

Nik wants a fully functioning PS3...but he's also happy with his fully functioning Xbox 360.

Speaking of which, has anybody seen this yet?

I doubt it'll be as seamless as they insinuate, but still. That blows both Nintendo and Sony's motion capture out of the water. O.O
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:29 am

Yeah, I've seen it. Apparently there is quite a delay on the motion and the actual capture of said motion. I'm looking forward to seeing how Sony's Move will work... Its a cross between Natal and the Wii by the looks of it, but it seems like it will be able to do everything the Wii can do in the motion sensing department, but 5 times better. I'm not really enthused either way, just because it's gimmicky and I like having an actual controller.
Back to top Go down
Banana

Banana

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Also, with these theoretically programs, even if they worked perfectly, require a household that is:
A. SILENT.
B. Has no kids running past the TV.

I only have that from the hours of 10PM to 4AM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:55 pm

I'm going to give FO3 another go...I think I still have my save files. :F
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:49 am

Currently pet-sitting for this family on a cruise...they have a 72" LED TV and a PS3.

So far, the controller irks me. It's too light and the thumbsticks are in the wrong places. Rounded heads on the thumbsticks are also something new and annoying. I'd recommend combining the rough/soft texture of the Sixaxis thumbsticks with the dimpled surface of the 360 controller.

Also, the Playstation menu is rather confusing at first, at least for me. All-in-all, I'd rather shell out for a new HDTV than switch to PS3, but I still wouldn't mind getting one once a) they become more affordable and b) I can afford one.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:02 am

After a bit more thought, I think it only fair to mention that LittleBigPlanet is far too addicting for my own good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:57 am

Nikolai wrote:
Currently pet-sitting for this family on a cruise...they have a 72" LED TV and a PS3.

Heaven... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:32 pm

CoD: World at War actually looks pretty decent on it. I bought it when it first came out and tried it on my buddy's 32" LED and was horribly disappointed at the pixellation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:00 pm

I have a 15" 4:3 LCD Neutral

I cannot imagine playing on that big. I've played on 54" plasmas before (plasmas suck...LCD's are way better), and that was crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamer's Lounge
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Media :: Video Games-
Jump to: