Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gamer's Lounge

Go down 
+4
Anomaly
Tyjaham
Darth Twinkie
Nikolai
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Nikolai
Nikolai

Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:44 pm

I had a discussion about Plasma vs. LCD/LED with a Best Buy tech the other day. He said that plasmas are better. Deeper colour and higher refresh rate, but the glass screen means serious glare in lit rooms. I'd have to go with plasma. They're less expensive, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:13 pm

Dammit! I just typed this huge response than accidentally refreshed the page. Oh well...

I install both LCD's and Plasmas and here is what I notice...

LCD = Lighter, seem to work well as external monitors (am not saying plasmas don't, but they work REAL well), no screen burn in.

Plasmas = Heavier, cost less (although I've seen $7,000 plasmas before O_O), yet they have a shorter lifespan because of the "burn in". Basically after a few years you get a faded "watermark" looking stain on you're screen you cannot get rid of. The newer models have a counter-feature for this but it still can happen.

I'm not sure about plasma, but you can get a nice 54" LCD for about $1,100. By nice I mean a real nice picture and plenty of connections on the back (the cheaper $500-$800 don't have sufficient hookups on the back).

But overall plasma is probably the best bet now. I just hate installing them they weigh like twice as much.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:41 pm

A 44" Samsung plasma runs for $540, and off the top of my head I'd say that means a 54" would be in the range of $650-750 or so. I'd bank on not getting any screen burn-in based on the fact that the only time my TV screen is on is when I'm actually using it. Good point about the hookups though. I'll have to look into it. The one that this house has, has 4 HDMI ports, 3 regular, and everything else all the way back to the pin connector. o.o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:56 am

Samsung is a good brand all around. And if you just have say a bluray or DvD, and a console hooked up you wont need more than 2-3 HDMI and 2 or so component. But the more the better. And I don't doubt that they'll be sticking more jacks even the cheaper ones as time goes on.
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:15 am

My folks have a 52" LG LED. It's the best picture I have ever seen. Evar. My dad asked me what movie I was watching when he walked in on me playing Uncharted 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:55 am

Nice XD
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 12:56 pm

I managed to pick up Kingdom Hearts II yesterday at a garage sale for $3. Also, a copy of NFS Underground 2 for Xbox original, which I was delighted to discover was reverse-compatible on the 360. Let the over-the-top customizing begin!
Back to top Go down
Darth Twinkie

Darth Twinkie

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Nikolai wrote:
I managed to pick up Kingdom Hearts II yesterday at a garage sale for $3.
You ever play the two before that one? If not, it's not going to make any sense. It's really dumb. They named it "2" when it is actually the third game in the series.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Picked up Left 4 Dead 2 today. So far, so good. Other than the world turning into zombies and all that...
Back to top Go down
Darth Twinkie

Darth Twinkie

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:16 pm

So is anyone besides me keeping up with E3 this year?
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:38 am

In non E3 related news, I have a new PS3. For some reason it decided not to eject the disk that was inside of it... Best Buy just gave me a new one. We have to phone Sony and ask about getting refunded for the game though.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly

Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:24 am

I'm playing Bayonetta right now. This game is completely absurd and ridiculous and awesome. I love the style and the gameplay is a ton of fun. It's the first game in some time to really capture my attention.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:20 pm

Tried Red Dead Redemption for a couple hours the other day. It really is essentially GTA re-skinned as a western. A lot of fun though. It's on my to-buy list, but fairly low.
Back to top Go down
UnbeknownstGhost

UnbeknownstGhost

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Whats up high on it? I hope Starcaft 2 is.
Back to top Go down
Nikolai
Nikolai

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:11 pm

Gears 3 is at the very top. I want that game, and I will resort to anything up to selling your first-born son to get it. As for the rest of the list, it's pretty fluid.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Ard Righ
Justin

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:49 am

They just released a Lego Harry Potter. I wanna play!
Back to top Go down
UnbeknownstGhost

UnbeknownstGhost

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:22 am

I don't have a son. Or kids.
Back to top Go down
Darth Twinkie

Darth Twinkie

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:31 am

What's your point?
Back to top Go down
UnbeknownstGhost

UnbeknownstGhost

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 4:13 am

Thats it. Thats my point.
Back to top Go down
Tyjaham

Tyjaham

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:06 pm

So I bought BrĂ¼tal Legend for 20 bucks a couple of days ago. I'm enjoying it. The stage battles are difficult as hell and the story is a little campy but it should be.
Back to top Go down
Darth Twinkie

Darth Twinkie

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:03 am

I spent almost 6 hours straight playing American Wasteland yesterday. I fogot how fun that game is.

I found the first .hack// game the other day for 2 dollars so I figured I'd try it out. I am only just past the tutorial, but I'm enjoying it so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamer's Lounge   Gamer's Lounge - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamer's Lounge
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Media :: Video Games-
Jump to: